The Right Answer For: Why Should We Hire You?
“Why should we hire you?” – is one of the most frequently asked questions asked by any interviewer ever. The Hiring Manager won’t be satisfied unless there is a unique or out-of-the-box answer. This question seems simple; however, it is quite tricky to impress the recruiter.
This is a great way for them to compare you with other candidates. Most applicants tend to respond with common keywords such as hardworking, sincere, talented, good at academics, etc which can be the reason for rejection.
But, fret not! Here’s the way that will help you answer this question with confidence.
- Show how you will add value to the company.
- Keep it short and focused.
- Tell a story.
Let us see how you can come up with an excellent answer using these steps.
Show how you will add value to the company
Hiring Managers always search for candidates who can bring the A-game to the company. Most of us try to present in a “perfect way” by overreacting which makes them feel fake. Try to be honest with your answer.
To make sure you covered all the topics, these points can assist you to make your answer precise.
- Identify your qualification or strength where you used that trait to achieve something.
- Think of a rare skill that will add extra value like critical thinking, honesty, verbal communication, and so on.
- Add previous professional, personal, or volunteer experiences that provide you with a unique perspective.
Keep it short and focused
The interviewer must feel your answer is positive and precise. There is no correct answer for this question but the main element is how you present it. You are required to make it brief. Don’t try to answer in one word.
Try to highlight the following facts in the answer.
- Let them know how hungry you are for learning.
- Make a sales pitch with underlining two qualities.
- If you feel confused, review the job description again and use your analytical skills to determine what qualifications will make you stand out from your competitors.
Tell a story
The recruiter should be hooked to your answer. Creating a story is the best way to impress the recruiter. Your answer should not be more than one to two minutes long. Structuring your answer with this method can attract some bonus points towards you. Always be prepared for any situation and listen to the interviewer carefully (when they cross-question).
- Don’t answer mechanically: Try to answer as naturally as possible.
- Don’t make it about you: Make sure the company comes before anything else.
- Focus on what you can offer: Create a sales pitch to showcase the qualities that make you stand out from the crowd.
Ever wondered how interview questions are being framed post-pandemic?